08 May 2008

Today's Double 'Whoa!'s

Like previous Thursdays, I'll be blabbering about American Idol. The theme was Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame inductee, and I thoroughly enjoyed the performance. Btw, I'm rooting for David Cook now (and I just realized that I've said that before). The judges seemed to be in a good mood, graciously showering the Top 4 with praises. In that case, I agree with the judges, including the holy Simon Cowell who defended Syesha when Randy "didn't enjoy" her performance. Jason Castro "shot the sheriff" and got kicked out for that: another upset in the season after Michael Johns and Carly. I actually expected to bid Syesha farewell today. Guess we'll Syesha Mercado again next week, along with David Archuleta (Arch Angels say hooray!) and David Cook. That's the first whoa!

The second whoa! is regarding the physical education test. Thank God, I survived with no broken bones and no twisted limbs! To tell the truth, it wasn't that bad, but it was still blurgh. In floor exercises, I rolled forward but obviously not backward. Haven't figured out how to do that yet. Nevertheless, I managed to become a graceful, straight candlestick, and also to do the "kayang" (if I'm not mistaken, the term is "bridge" something) from an upright position. I thought it ended then. Apparently, the pain (fortunately not the rigor mortis) is setting in now!

Then, we had to run six torturous laps around the ginormous field, accompanied by an annoyingly scorching sun. I clocked 11m20s which I consider good enough because my legs are still in their right places. The other parts of the test are basketball and volleyball. I fared quite well -again- in my opinion. Still, I'm not sure if running the 6 laps will help me live longer; instead, I think I inhaled an above-average amount of pollution today.

No comments: