26 May 2008

I Love My Staycation

A few days ago, I found the word in My Yahoo! page and in an instant I connected with it: staycation. If you haven't realized, it's a combination of stay and vacation. Contrary to your wishful thinking, it doesn't mean staying in some fancy luxurious place during vacation. Instead, its meaning is "a vacation spent at, or anywhere near, home". Nothing can describe me and probably thousands of other twelfth-graders in a better way. So, what have I done and what am I planning to do?

Well, of course I'll always be infecting blogger.com with my wayward writings just like what I've done so far. You can bet your head on it. Just don't ask me what I'll be writing, I'm not the kind of guy who puts a lot thought into my blog. I'll just wait if something writeable (is that even a word?) pops out on my brain, log in to Blogger, and hope that it'll be a blogworthy post. It could be either a review, report, rant, or random ramblings; maybe I'll throw in some serious stuffs too, but never a poem or its inspiring colleagues. I'm not Oprah, for God's sake.

The nerdy part of my brain has also been urging me to "civilize" my book collections. They've been stacked here and there, not necessarily messy but not proper either. For a neat collection to happen, I'll need to clear some space in the shelves. During that process, I always manage to find something of particular interest to me hidden in the mess. This time it's my baby pictures...and let's not take any risk by describing them, let alone scan one and post it here. Back to the books, I've done only 50%ish of them, mostly novels. I would've tidied everything up including the comics if not for my brother. He's a total mess with comics, so I just picked the comics that I also read to be put on the bookshelf. Let him suffer on his own. I want to fulfill my game-geek needs too. I guess I'll look for interesting, light games to spend the plentiful time.

I also plan to splurge on books and DVDs. For starters, I already bought Grey's Anatomy season two. That's like hours of nonstop entertainment already. There are still many books to read too, not to mention if suddenly JK Rowling releases the eighth Potter book (now I'm being simply ridiculous). Been thinking about reading the oh-so-phenomenal Twilight series due to frequent urging from a friend, but I've considered against it. I don't think I'd enjoy those kind of stories.

I also hope that there'll be ample good movies during the holiday to save me from unpurposeful days. There were so many in the last few weeks, I hope it'll continue until the end of the holiday.

No comments: