14 May 2008

A Break and A Review

Finally, after stuffing up your screens with excessive ramblings about exams, tests, and whatsoever, I can finally say: "Oh Yeah, My Well-Deserved Break's Here!" Today is the last day of the school exams, closing off with Arabic and Qur'an studies. Kinda anticlimactic but who cares anyway? The main points are that the curtains have fallen and the students shall rejoice in not studying anything. I might as well say good bye to sleep deprivation, and welcome to lots of sleep I should make up after all these times. Nevertheless, let's not forget about June 14, the "Day" of our days.

Usually, I would only touch American Idol on Thursdays after the elimination; however, I can't wait to spill out what I thought of today's performance. Each of the contestants performed three songs chosen by the judges, producers, and the contestant him/herself. Overall, it was an excellent show and the judges are in a gracious praising mood. Our sole chanteuse Syesha sang "If I Ain't Got You", "Fever", and "Hit Me Up", all of which were not harshly criticized. David Cook sang a song with a long title which I never knew, "Dare You To Move", and "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"; Archuleta "And So It Goes", "With You", and "Longer".

If you ask me, I'll agree with Simon: "David Cook won the night" outright, it's as simple as that. Even though he especially shone with his last song, as much as I don't want to admit it, the pièce de résistance of the show was David Archuleta's rendition of Chris Brown's "With You". He really got out of his usual comfort zone, and gotta praise him for that. My hope: a David Cook vs Syesha final for a better chance of Cook's winning; my prediction: Cook vs Archuleta. You might want to check out who Vote for the Worst is endorsing. Americans, your vote will send shockwaves around the world, so vote for David Cook. Please outvote the Archangels.

No comments: