04 May 2008

A "Memorable" Sunday

Blurgh. Tomorrow is the religious ed test, which means that I have to -finally- memorize those prayers and verses. Actually, at some point in the past I did know them by heart, but as I discovered a few days ago, I need a major review on things I don't frequently recite. Fortunately I still remember some of the sura verses, I just got the order messed up. The same thing happens to the after-salat prayers, and sometimes I confused "Allahumma" with "Rabbana", and vice versa, which basically mean the same thing "O (Our) God". Personally, I don't care about this kind of difference -I wouldn't know it if I did confuse one with the other. Nevertheless, being the good student that I am (really!) I'll try to somehow conform with the guidebook. What a "memorable" moment!

I made a "cheat" or mnemonic for the prayer. It's just some phrases that I associate with particular prayers. For example, the Rabbana zalamna... is the "sorry God, I messed up" prayer, Allahumma inna nas-aluka... is "the long one", and so on. Then, I make sentences according to the order in the guide. I hope it'll help me; to be more exact, I need it to help me.

In the morning, as usual I went to Taman Anggrek for skating. Last week was SkateJakarta 2008, so I didn't practice. I had to get in "the zone" with my salchow and toe walley jump again, but I did those quite well, in my opinion. I haven't really mastered the salchow, but I'm trying hard. I did get the "you've got it" feeling once or twice. For toe walley, the theory is grasped, the practice, not so well. I did land some though. The toe loop is far more satisfactory, and I really enjoy doing it. Don't get me started on spins. My one-foot is gaining balance, no wobbling this time -here comes the but- but the spin entrance is still quite messy. I'm very eager to master the spin, along with the other moves; I'm trying hard not to make things spin around so much, both figuratively and literally.

Anyway, I saw some PKS people on my way and I discovered that the nascent party is having a birthday bash -this time only figuratively, you don't expect them to "shake ya body". As much as I don't like them (hate is such a strong word), I think I may wish them happy birthday, or not. The party is undeniably a modern, organized party; it just doesn't stand on the best thing around. If a Pancasilaist-Indonesian party can evolve to this level of organization, or preferably higher, I will vote for it...in 2009!

No comments: