12 June 2008

Quick Cold Post

Here's the thing: the day has only an hour left, and I am freezing in my room. My air conditioner has been acting rather weird since like two days ago. First, it refused to be switched on. I kept pushing the remote like a caveman, but nothing could make the AC blow out its blessed breeze. I checked, and it's not the remote's fault as I could use it to turn on other ACs (of the same type, of course).

Then, I tried to reset it by turning off the power supply and turning it back on. I pushed the ON button once again, and voila, it started to rumble...a little bit too much, though. The air flow was so strong like its on "Hi Power" mode, although the remote didn't say so. Anyhoo, I pressed the HiPower button on the remote, only to discover that it doesn't connect anymore. I thought about cutting off the supply, but restrained from doing so by fears of not being able to turn it on again. I'm not gonna sleep without my AC.

Thus, for a few hours, I had to endure obscenely cold wind blowing out from my air conditioner. I couldn't sleep, so I started to make a freaking igloo in my room. OK, that's fake, but the "really really cold part" was 100% true. Out of frustration -and the unbearable wind- I picked up the remote, and hit "HiPower" once. Surprisingly, the AC instantly fell into its usual hum. Just like that.

As I'm writing this, the same thing is happening. Not fun at all, and I mean it. Besides, it sparks some guilt because means that I'm consuming more energy than usual. Oh no, Al Gore's going to get me soon. Help me!

PS: Tomorrow, all twelfth graders, including your lovable blogger Adit, will get their national exams' scores. I don't normally do nervous, but this thing is huge! I just can't stay calm enough to be considered a sane person.

No comments: