20 June 2008

Before we get anywhere, I'll make things clear. I've never done "deep" or "thoughtful" before. As it turns out, being deep or thoughtful requires a lot of work, including deep thinking (well, duh!). I really want to avoid being cheesy, and I'll never allow myself to be freakishly artsy. However, I'll try as hard as I can because yesterday was a precious day for all of us. It may not blow your mind off, but here goes for you, Alpus 1 #30.

"We came as strangers, and left as the best of friends", a trite expression yet still true. Three years ago, we didn't know what to expect when we stepped out of the elevator into our then-new school. We had hopes, dreams, wishes, targets, goals, and everything, except the knowledge of what will happen the next day, let alone the next three years. Well, look at us now. A lot of things have changed, and most probably we are extremely happy with them.

"High school is the best time of your life": if you think that the statement is an exaggeration, you are terribly wrong. Thinking about what I have gone through, I'll say the same thing with pride, "high school is indeed the best time of my life". The precious moments will never be repeated, as much as you want it to be.

I've never really thought that high school would end until just recently. It's like watching an exciting movie, where you really got into the fun and hoped that it would never end, until the credits rolled and you are forced to accept that you've reached the end. More or less, it was like that. We've been very comfortable and happy in high school that we thought that it will go on forever, until we had to go to our graduation where we have to come to realize that it's the end.

It will never be the same again, but that doesn't mean that our bonds will break. These fantabulous years are simply unforgettable, for better or for worse. We have left a mark in each others' lives, and it will stay until the end of time.

Thank You God, for uniting us in Alpus 1 #30. Thank you Alpus 1 #30, for everything.

No comments: