21 June 2008

Mischievous Night

I don't think I should write like three posts in a day, but the date should've already changed when I finish this, so it won't really show. I'm writing this when there's only less than an hour left in the day, and my jaw is hurting from so much laughing, courtesy of my friend Amanda Jana whose blog Sleepless Nights you can find in the blogroll. We did pretty silly stuffs, but this one is like whoa. It deserves a post in my blog.

The saga began on a peaceful Saturday night...well, not really. Probably the seed of mischief was planted the night before. My friend Amanda had nothing to do, so she called me without any real reason. We talked about unimportant yet funny things, and in the end, she said that she's going to call random people to kill time -as if she wasn't doing that already. She wanted to call our junior high mates, or if that's not crazy enough, she'd dial random number and play out a ridiculous scenario.

The next day (which is today), she told me through instant messaging that she failed the random dialing because she couldn't get anyone excited enough to respond to her randomness. So, as a good friend, I wanted to console her. How? She decided that she wants to pretend to be someone else and then IM with my friends from school. It's like random dialing, but on the IM.

Our, or let's say her, first victim was Ghazi (check out his cool and clearly less mentally-disturbed blog 613). She pretended to be a mother of three children who happens to be his biggest fan ever. To disguise her identity, Amanda changed her name to Ratnanisa, which according to her is a nice mother-y name. It went quite well in the beginning, and I was laughing my ass off. If my floor was a little bit cleaner, I'd be rolling on the floor like crazy.

Obviously, Ghazi became more suspicious of the newcomer. He finally asked me in private if she was really a mother. I simply told him to check Ratna's email address, and he realized that he's being duped. It had to end, finally. However, it was really really hilarious. That's a nice way to get more friends, isn't it? Btw, especially for Ghazi, the pretending part was only the "having three children" part, the "your fan" part is true.

Next victim, Ajid. This time, my other friend Nabila joined in and Amanda changed her name again to Ratnabella Amanda, so that her e-mail won't betray her disguise. In this scenario, Amanda-slash-Ratna pretended to be a friend of my mom and Nabila's mom, and she needed to find teenage guys to participate in a casting process to be a model for a new shampoo. Bila and I called her tante and made up comments about tante's imaginary son Dimas to convince Ajid.

It was completely her improvisation. I don't know if she thought that such outrageous story would work. Apparently, it didn't. Moving on, we invited Aji to the table. We continued the whole "casting" hijinks but unfortunately, Amanda was called by her mom. That's all folks. Acta est fabula. Everybody went offline and we have to wait for another day to continue the stupidity.

Anyway, Ajid and Aji never really knew what's happening. Maybe they can get the privilege of being Manda's next victim sometime soon (as long as they don't read this post).

2 comments:

A m a n d a said...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH this one is our masterpiece in the history of isengin people

adit said...

I'll gladly give you all the credits
and we're not done yet