06 July 2008

Totally Random 060708

Man makes damn good plans, but ultimately it's not in our hands. My family had actually planned a trip to Bandung for this weekend to escape the hustle and bustle of Jakarta into the hustle and bustle of Bandung. But, it turned out that I had to start going to the uni on the very day I was supposed to leave for the Jakarta van West Java. In the end, I was left home alone until tonight.

During the lonely time, I got into an embarassing, useless conversation on the phone with a McDonald's delivery service operator. It was a quiet Saturday night, and I decided against being a lonesome guy in the mall. Thus, I pushed the magical 14045 McDonald's delivery. An operator guy answered my call for food, and he asked what I was going to order.

Op : "What would be tonight's order? May I suggest that you try the double cheeseburger meal?"
Me : "Well, that's exactly what I wanted."
Op : "OK. So, you'll have how many meals?"
Me : "Just one. I'm home alone because my family left me to Bandung."
Stop right there. That was totally uncalled-for. Why did I even bother to tell him that? He's not a shrink, or my friend. Heck, I didn't know him at all, except for the fact that he's my key to dinner. Maybe the next time I call 14045, I should pour my heart out and cry on the phone.

Next, we're visiting our misanthropic superdude Hancock again. One magazine reviewed the movie as Will Smith's latest action movie, while another as his latest comedy. That's how unconstructed the story is. If Will Smith weren't in it, I wouldn't hesitate to call it a sad movie. Sad as in pitiable. By the interesting way, fellow Indonesians might want to check out Hancock's movie poster when they're in the movies. Look at Hancock in the shades-covered eyes and you will see something very surprising from within. Within Hancock's shades, actually. There's a reflection of a monument there, with fountains all around it. The figures on top of the monument are raising their arms in a welcoming gesture, as if they were welcoming every guests to the city.

Yeah, it's the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle, or popularly known as Bunderan HI. However, don't feel so proud that our beloved Bunderan is being put up in cinemas worldwide. I checked wikipedia and no, the poster for Hancock didn't feature the ever-welcoming, pollution-ridden monument.

Back to what I'm (supposed to be) doing, I have to write an essay about my future Indonesia. Quite a few brilliant ideas were floating around, and I even had some written down. Unfortunately, my inner devil's advocate totally loves to derail my train of thoughts. The farthest I got was two paragraphs, and still, my inner writer was defeated by my inner devil's advocate. It's ultra-difficult to write when your mind always questions this and that and everything else you've written yourself, even when what you write is true in some sense. It just keeps questioning from every side available.

Sooo, for the time being, I'm stuck. Help me.

No comments: