07 July 2008

Test Post using Windows Live Writer

I just read an IT column in The Jakarta Post today, and it was titled "Help for All You Bloggers". Motivated by self-realization that I need help in blogging, I happily read the article. It touched the topic of blog post editing, which is the most vital part of blogging. Duh.

When my sight fell upon the text, I instantly connected. It started with a scenario familiar to me: late-night blog writing and the mess if you can't complete it before you accidentally doze of in front of the screen.

Then, the writer suggested this new free software by big daddy Microsoft called Windows Live Writer. It's like the friend of Windows Live Messenger and other Live services, if you want to call it so. I read everything, and digested what I could. I didn't really get what the benefit of using the software is, but for the sake of my curiosity and the joy of showing off, I went to  http://writer.live.com and downloaded it.

Here I am, trying out Windows Live Writer. I haven't figured out all the neat things it could do. I'm too excited and I just want to test it before I do anything else. If it turns out to be less than expected, I'll just have to make do with the Blogger editor.

Now...how do I post this?

No comments: