27 April 2008

A Well-Laid Plan

In preparation of the speech tests, I've prepared the necessary texts. I fortunately got some inspirations out of nowhere, so it's done quite wonderfully.

For Bahasa Indonesia, I made a speech about why do we need to care about the impending doom caused by anthropogenic global warming. Actually, I somewhat recycled the materials from my XI grade Friday sermon, so I got half of the job done already. Then, decorate the speech here and there, concoct some great phrases/quotations, and voila, I'm ready. What I have to remember is to tie up my tongue and not let it slip. I have to make sure that I say "pemanasan global" instead of the more popular "global warming".

For English, I'm going to tell my unique/embarassing/strange/ridiculous experience in XI grade concerning the skeleton of a bird. It was a long story, but I ended up alone finding a ride home from school at 4 PM, with books in my backpack and a bird's skeleton on my hands, inappropriately wrapped in only a sheet of paper. If that's not unique, I don't know what is.

No comments: