11 April 2008

Post-Idol Gives Back

Idol Gives Back 2008 was fantabulous. The fundraising concert featured a great array of performers, a strong message, and amazing entertainment. My favourite part is the beginning, when the Top 8 performed Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music", while dancers from So You Think You Can Dance showed off their moves. Ellen DeGeneres was there too: "Hello, it's me Oprah. If you're like me, and you like to help people..." She was hilarious, too bad she didn't co-host like last year. Robin Williams -as a fake Russian Idol- also showed his talent, and his affection for Simon's "manbreast". To summarize, the night was full of bright shining stars...although I think one star shone waay too much, Miley Cyrus. Why in the name of Simon's manboobs did she have to perform twice?

Here's the performance I was talking about, thanks to YouTube.

Anyway, Aussie guy Michael Johns just got eliminated from the contest, instead of bottom-three regular Kristy Lee Cook, blurgh. That's too bad, I really enjoyed his performance of Queen's "We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions". Afterward that rock star performance, I thought that I might enjoy his next performances. Although his last act wasn't that great, I didn't expect him to be eliminated so soon.

Right now, I'm rooting for Brooke White, Syesha, and Carly. You may ask, "Where the heck is David Archuleta in your list?" OK, in my opinion he's so good, he should've won American Idol the moment he entered; but I just don't root for him, that's it. Just don't think that I'm an anti-Archuleta. By the way, I'm so eager to see next week's performance of Mariah Carey's number-one hits. Her latest single Touch My Body just reached #1 in Billboard Hot 100 and because of that, it's very possible for her to break some records soon. I read about it, but I forgot what record it was; if I'm not mistaken, one of them was as the artist with the most #1 hit.

As all I talked about in this post is music, I'd like to share some of what I'm listening to these days along with regular favorites. Actually, they're not necessarily my favourite songs, but I just love listening to them. Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Sara Bareilles - Love Song
2. Matchbox Twenty - How Far We've Come
3. Cobra Starship - The City is at War
4. Panic (without the '!') at the Disco - Nine in the Afternoon
5. Mariah Carey - Touch My Body
6. Aly & A.J. - Like Whoa
7. Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music
8. Vanessa Carlton - Hands on Me

No comments: