17 April 2008

170408 American Idol Postmortem

Simon couldn't say it any better. Kristy Lee Cook, your time is up. The bottom-three dweller finally got eliminated from the show today, leaving the Top 6 to compete next week. After last week's shocking elimination of Michael Johns, this one is welcomed and well-deserved. I don't want to say that she's a bad singer, she had her time too; but she didn't stand out among her peers, something that she had to do to stay in Idol.

Actually, I should've started the post with a review of the performances first; however, I have my priorities, thank you. Archangels may relax, the Chosen One is still safe after his wonderful rendition of When You Believe. David Cook is also on my "good" list for his own "Always Be My Baby". As for the girls, I still root mostly for Brooke White ("Hero"), whose performance last night was compared by Simon to a pattyless hamburger. Overall, I still say that all of the girls are excellent. By the way, Carly sang an English version of "Ken Lee" (If you have no idea of what I'm talking about, click on Ken Lee). The choice gets harder these days with wonderful contestants in the Top 6.

Remember Doolittle who did big? You might also remember one elimination night when she was asked to choose, between two groups of contestants, the one group that she thought was safe. Despite Ryan's push, she stayed neutral and instead, she sat down right there on the stage refusing to pass judgement. Well, Arch did that too. Ryan took the already-safe Archuleta, and divided the remaining into two groups of three. He was asked to choose, like Melinda, and he also chose to sit down on the stage rather than judging his fellow contestants.

That's all (that I can write right now) folks! We can only wait until next week and just watch the performances on YouTube until then.

No comments: