09 April 2008

Happy Belated Birthday, Adit!

Guess what? I just reached the milestone-ish age of 17 last Sunday, April 6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! Yeah, I didn't post my birthday card for myself on time, but blogger was down that day. I couldn't connect to my blog at all.

Anyway, I wanted to wish like a million wishes for my b'day, but for the sake of brevity, I just prayed that God give me the best. I do make specific wishes, though: I hope that I, along with my friends, can pass the National Exam with flying colors, another year of 100% graduation for Pak Budi the Principal. I hope that all of us can study at our preferred universities, and have tons of fun there. To be more exact, I'm currently praying and waiting for the result of PPKB UI (you might know it as PMDK). I applied for the Faculty of Medicine in the University of Indonesia. And I also hope my friends who are taking various uni entrance tests (ITB, UGM, etc) can get accepted.

To lengthen the post, I'll be writing some trivial stuffs about the particular date. First, I share my birthday with Raphael, Italian Renaissance painter and architect; Dutchman Anthony Fokker, whose contribution flew high in the sky; Paul Rudd, Phoebe's hubby in Friends; and Zach Braff, JD from Scrubs. I also share the day with a Holy Roman Empire Empress, a Canadian serial killer, and a Jordanian Princess. According to the know-it-all Wikipedia, there are 4 Nobel Prize winners who were born on April 6: 3 won the prize in Medicine or Physiology, 1 in Physics. I'm happy to say that one of the winner is James D. Watson, one of the DNA discoverer. Not that it'll give me anything, but I can brag about it, right?

And, you might also want to know about what happenned on the day centuries ago. Don't bother saying "no", I'll write about it anyway. Let me check Wikipedia... The Scots reaffirmed their independence by a letter to Pope John XXII called the Declaration of Arbroath. A Dutch sailor established a resupply camp at Cape of Good Hope, which later became the city known as Cape Town (btw, I'd love to go there someday). Napoleon was exiled to Elba. Celluloid was patented on this day. In 1896, the first modern Olympic Games were opened in Athens. Gandhi started the Salt Satyagraha against the British. And the Pioneer 11 spacecraft was also launched in April 6.

To end the post, HAPPY BELATED BIRTH DAY TO ME!!

No comments: