27 February 2008

Adit on 5cm

Just as I finished saying that life has become so monotonous these days, it turned around 180 degrees or maybe more like twisting around a thousand-something degrees. Every stuff that could happen in the universe decided to gang up on me in the last few days. Tests are coming, yearbook stuffs, and so many unthinkable things. God, forgive me!

Anyway, I also finished reading 5cm and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The story follows the life of 5 super-glued friends that decided to split up for 3 months. They wanted to see the world in another frame. And after the 3 months were up, they went...hiking! Where else would we go when we meet someone again? To the top of the highest mountain in Java, Mount Semeru, no doubt.

Now, that was the main part of the story. During their hike, we are taken along on the rugged path, the clear lakes, and the rocky slopes. The hike was a rollercoaster of emotions and thoughts, which are very dominant throughout the book. The author certainly did everything he could to make sure we feel like we're in the mountains as we are reading the book.

Even though I thoroughly enjoyed reading 5cm, I wouldn't say that it is a top-notch thing. The book is "oh-yeah-it's-interesting" not "WOW-this-is-just-wonderful". Do you get what I mean?

No comments: