09 March 2008

Adit on Obamania

Catch the Obamania wave! I was just surfing around Yahoo when I stumbled upon a page concerning the 2008 US Presidential election, also known as "who's gonna kick Bush's ass from the White House" race. It provides the irresistible "I support " badge you see above this post. I immediately logged on to blogger and copied the code.

He's been winning again, even after defeats in Rhode Islands and Ohio. His delegates count is still going strong to reach the 2025 needed for nomination. He also survived fiery offensives by Clinton and also dirty rumors cast around the net.

If I were an eligible American citizen & voter, I'd gladly vote for him. US policies under Bush had threatened world peace and democracy itself. Many see US as a "mother of all evil" and being a major icon of democracy, the image also hurts democracy around the world. Many brilliant movement or ideas from the US that can benefit other countries may be blocked out due to the devilish image of the country. America needs a change it can believe in. Yay for OBAMA!

PS: thinking about 2008, I start to think about the future Indonesian elections in 2009, my first time as an eligible voter. I'm very eager to cast my vote next year and contribute to change. Just see Malaysia, its citizens are starting to leave the discriminatory Barisan Nasional with its biggest loss in 40 years and voted for opposition parties. I'll vote for change in 2009, and certainly not for Partai Konservatif Sekali ;)

No comments: