10 March 2008

Adit on MJB's Growing Pains


I ain't gon' let nothing get in my way, no matter what nobody has to say

I just have to raise the praise for MJB and her latest album, Growing Pains. It's an extremely enjoyable and high quality MJB music. I searched through 3 music stores in Pondok Indah Mall just to get it, but it's been sold out everywhere. I only found it on the 4th store in PIM 2 (Yup, I literally went around both PIMs).

The lead single Just Fine is not only "just fine"; it's an inspiring, energetic song that can turn your bad day into a wonderful one. Mary's vocals is top-notch, and also suits the song. Plus, I fell in love with the music video right away. The planned second single Work That is featured on iPod commercial. It's also an inspiring song about being one's self. The song is spiced with infectious beats that can send signals to move your body. The other songs from the album also deserve the same praise. There are collaborations with Usher and Ludacris, on Shake Down and Grown Woman respectively. This album indeed shows that MJB has grown, a must for every MJB-listener.

No comments: