11 June 2009

A New Dawn

The world’s been spinning wildly these days, especially if you have TV (who doesn’t?) and infotainment programs found a way to infiltrate your brain. Indonesians have kicked off the presidential election(s) campaign season, boohoo-ed with and later boo-ed at Manohara, sympathized with Prita, cursed at Malaysia over Ambalat, and totally forgot about the legislative elections (which were held April 9 this year, if you’re wondering). There are other issues too, apart from Adam Lambert’s official coming-out. Sometimes I wonder whether our drastic advance in communications technology is matched by our own capacity to manage it.

Today, let me be a bit egoistic. I’m going to tediously tell you my recent life stories and you will be so bored that fluid will ooze out of your ears. First, I made a Twitter account. Yay! After months of hesitation and laziness -mostly the latter- a Time magazine article moved my heart to tweet. Core motivation: following Ellen DeGeneres’ twitter. Along the way, Twitter proves to be a great channel for news updates as well as the usual business, i.e. gossips among friends and such.

Second, this is the last day of the Neuroscience module. I predict that I flunked my anatomy lab test. Still, I am a firm believer of “hope for the best, prepare for the worst” so it hasn’t disturbed me that much. I’m too happy for being free from the dreaded module to care about those mumbo-jumbo. And yes, I am entering the beloved phase of med school life: long holiday!

Third, I’m back to blogging…obviously. Do expect temporary increase in blog-fecundity. In fact, I made this post just for the sake of blogging something. Thank you for being my victims.

Last, I am looking forward to my trip down (that’s a clue) to a place I miss so much. I’ll be away from the end of this month but I guess I can access and perhaps drop a line or two during my vacation.

Annoying life storytelling ends here. Go back to your lives, or get one.

No comments: