11 April 2009

A Big Week…

not counting the elections.

I’m going to get somewhat more personal in this post since this week is extra huge for me. First things first, your dearest blogger turned 18 last Monday, April 6. Woohoo! Yay-ya! Obviously I have been very happy, especially because this is my first birthday in the university. Compared to less than a year ago, I have gained a crowd of new friends who gladly splat new dazzling colors to my canvas of life. Thank you everyone! Thank you Facebook for facilitating people to congratulate each other on their special moments.

Looking at the other side, some people do freak out when their birthdays are coming as it means they are another year closer to their deaths –and receding hairline or being committed. Me? I just don’t buy into all these depressing stuffs. Like it or not, we grow older each day, regardless of our feeling gloomy or glowy about it; I’m telling ya, there’s just no stopping the natural process of aging. (Just don’t bring up the topic of cellular aging, unless you really hate me) What we can do is to age gracefully, like Madonna and George Clooney did.

What matters most is that we always strive for the best, that we live up to the fullest of our potentials, and that we are not even thinking playing small. In my case, I want to be a great doctor and contribute to, at least, the people of my nation. I will also rise to the challenge if I’m offered the chance to contribute in a larger scale. I have a desire to help the progress of this country to the right direction, save being a legislative candidate in Indonesia. I simply don’t think it’s my way, unless something extraordinary happens.

This week also includes the date April 10. It is a very very personal date for me. You can check this post from exactly a year ago, but I don’t think there’s enough clue there. You want the truth? On April 10, 2008, I received the letter from University of Indonesia stating that I got directly accepted to its Faculty of Medicine. It was the first time I can actually be sure that my life would take the path I intended, FKUI. God, Thank You so much for guiding me to where I am now!

Last but seriously not least, –seriously!- April 12 is my maternal grandpa's birthday. He, and my maternal grandma, are my inspiration and motivation. I wouldn’t be who I am right now without their help and guidance. They are the ones who inspired me to become a doctor, since they are excellent pediatricians themselves. I always look up to them; in fact, I want to be like them as I grow up.

Oh, phew…it certainly feels nice to get a tad emotional, in a positive way, at times.

No comments: