19 March 2009

Emergency Post

My holiday's over, life gets hard again for another 6 weeks or so, and suddenly my laptop's gone haywire. I took it to the service center and the technician hasn't made a clear diagnosis. I keep my hopes up in the sky it's nothing that will sweep off all the files there. However, the tech told me that probably my laptop is infected by a virus. If it is, I've got some nice little "reminders" for my friends who asked me to copy some files to their USB flash disks right before my dearest laptop went out of order. That's something I really regret because I rarely plug in anyone's flash disk to my laptop, and the one time I did...poof! Blurgh.


I'm typing this post on my dad's laptop without Windows Live Writer; I seriously don't know how this will show up. I'm also deprived of many luxuries there, like my music library on iTunes (oh God, please save them), my schoolworks (although I can access most of them elsewhere), and the freedom to save my passwords on the sites I visit. This unfortunate event certainly dampened my scholarly spirit and delayed my noble will to study. Quite embarassingly, there was some hyperventilating and incrased pulse rate involved in this tragedy. Close to addiction? (Perhaps I'll tell more of this after everything's back to normal).

I still faithfully hope that my laptop can be saved with all the files intact, or as many as possible. For now, I have to make do with the stuffs available here and I myself don't expect to write many posts until I'm back on the top of my (laptop's) game. In an ideal world, I'll use the spare time to study these days so that I can get back here when my laptop comes home. Wish me lots of luck!

No comments: