24 January 2009

I sTumbled upon This Neat Thing

I don’t wanna be trite, but I really have to say this: the rapid advance of technology has made the world a tiny, yet huge global village where each person is so closely connected to another through various means. First of all, you just have to have at least one e-mail account. Take it to the next level and get connected to an instant messenger. Past that, it is safe to say that you have -or at least had- a Friendster account, especially if you are Asian or an annoying tween alay girl. Got something to say? Perhaps you’ve made yourself a blog (I know I did). Then, all net broke loose: facebook, plurk, twitter, imeem, the whole nine yards. Additionally, nonsocial-networking sites, like YouTube, have features to connect one user with another.

Just when I thought it’s all too much, I stumbled upon this stumblr thing. I was quite hesitant at first, keeping in mind that I already have two blogs at hand, a plurk account, and a hyperactive facebook. Yet, I decided to make an account, which basically took less than 30 seconds. Voila! I have another rich plot of land on the internet to exploit. To my surprise, most of my friends has never actually known about it. So, here’s what stumblr is: a tumblelog (that’s the thing you make in stumblr) is basically a simple blog where you can post your writings, links, pictures, quotes, music, and videos. My impression is that tumblelog is more suitable for shorter writings about light stuffs. That’s exactly what I’m doing, and I’m doing it in Bahasa Indonesia.

To summarize, I have three outlets with which I can share my thoughts and abnormality:

1. Adit on Life (you’re looking at it), filled with random writings from “serious” topics to light-hearted thoughts. English.

2. Keeping Myself Intact (http://keepmeintact.blogspot.com/) as some kind of a journal for my adventure in the faculty of medicine of a certain university in Jakarta. English.

3. Cerita dll (Stories etc, http://adhitsr.tumblr.com/) for short everyday stuffs, random pictures, and anything else that might come to my mind. Colloquial, real-life Bahasa Indonesia.

Besides those, I also have a facebook and plurk account; I’m keeping both of them private, although it shouldn’t be too hard to find me there-if you want to do it so badly.

No comments: